Search

Monday, April 23, 2018

Quest


In the quest to find you,
I have travelled far and wide,
And searched within,

Unpacking my doubts, facing my insecurities,
Have questioned myself again and again,
Do I deserve you?

I was unsure of this intensity,
Was it love or mere infatuation?
I was unsure of this pain even,
Were these pangs of love?
Or mere chemical interplay of hormones?

Confident of my worth,
Reassured of my feelings,
I marched ahead with you as my goal,

Could you not see?
That hidden love tucked in my heart,
Gleaming transparently through my eyes?

I feel tired now,
With no end in sight,

Weary of this journey,
I wonder,
Whether this is a road of perdition,
Or road to self - discovery?

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.